Electric Power Substation is an assembly of equipment in an electric power system through which electrical energy is passed for transmission, distribution, interconnection, transformation, conversion, or switching.
Specifically, substations are used for some or all of the following:
1. Connection of generators.
2. Transmission or distribution lines and loads to each other.
3. Transformation from one voltage level to the other.
4. Interconnection of alternate sources of power.
5. Switching for alternate connections and isolation of failed or overloaded lines and equipment.
Power & Distribution Transformers
Surge Protection Equipment
In a generating substation where the voltage generated is transformed to high voltage for transmission. It contains the bus ducts, step-up transfomer, VTs, CTs, arresters, breakers,LAs disconnectors, bus works. The voltage could be 13.8, 23, 69, 115, 138, 230, 345, 400, 500 or 765KV.
It is an electrical substation that converts transmission voltage to transmission or sub transmission voltage.
Example: 138/69KV, 230/69KV, 230/115KV, 500/230KV
It is an electrical substation that converts the sub transmission voltage to distribution voltage.
Example: 69/23KV, 69/34.5KV, 69/13.8K, 69/4.16KV, 115/34.5KV, 138/12.47KV