This is the right book for the "need-to-know," practical aspects of electrical power who want to get "up to speed" on the subject, regardless of education or technical training.
A COMPREHENSIVE SOURCE OF TECHNICAL DETAILS ON ELECTRICAL POWER FROM GENERATION TO PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS
Reliable, low-cost electric power is a fundamental requirement for modern society, making possible such vital services as lighting, HVAC, transportation, communication, and data processing, in addition to driving motors of all sizes.
A mainstay of industrial productivity and economic prosperity, it is also essential for safeguarding human life and health. This handbook is a valuable information resource on electric power for everyone from technical professionals to students and laypeople.
This compact, user-friendly edition updates and expands on the earlier edition. Its core content of power generation, distribution, lighting, wiring, motors, and project planning has been supplemented by new topics:
* CAD for preparing electrical drawings and estimates
* Basic switch and receptacle circuit wiring
* Structured wiring for multimedia
* Swimming pool and low-voltage lighting
* Electrical surge protection
An easy-to-read style makes complex topics understandable. It’s a must-have reference for those with a need or desire to get up to speed on the entire subject of electric power or just familiarize themselves with the latest advances--regardless of their formal education or training. Reader-helpful features in this edition include:
* Up-front chapter summaries to save time in finding topics of interest.
* References to related articles in the National Electrical Code.
* A bibliography identifying additional sources for digging deeper.
* Approximately 300 illustrations