See what’s new in the Second Edition:
· Topics such as automation of distribution systems, advanced SCADA systems, computer applications, substation grounding, lightning protection, and insulators
· Chapter on electric power quality
· New examples and MATLAB applications
· Substation grounding
· Lightning protection
Expanded topics include:
· Load forecasting techniques
· High-impedance faults
· A detailed review of distribution reliability indices
Divided into two sections—electrical and mechanical design and analysis—this book covers a broad spectrum of topics. These range from transmission system planning and in-depth analysis of balanced and unbalanced faults, to construction of overhead lines and factors affecting transmission line route selection. The text includes three new chapters and numerous additional sections dealing with new topics, and it also reviews methods for allocating transmission line fixed charges among joint users.
Uniquely comprehensive, and written as a self-tutorial for practicing engineers or students, this book covers electrical and mechanical design with equal detail. It supplies everything required for a solid understanding of transmission system engineering.