Please submit on or before 12:00 nn of January 6, 2013. Those submitted after the said date and time will be marked zero (0).
1. At what values of x does the graph of y = sec x have a horizontal tangent?
2. Find the derivate of Csc (3x - 5).
3. Find the first derivative of y = cos x / 1 - sin x.
4. Find an equation of the tangent line at the point P = (1, 1) on the curve y4 + xy = x3 − x + 2
5. Find y' if y = sin( cos x)
6. A person x inches tall has a pulse rate of y beats per minute, as given approximately by
y = 590x-1/2 30 ≤ X ≤ 75
What is the instantaneous rate of change of pulse rate at the
(A) 36-inch level?
(B) 64-inch level?
7. Suppose that a person learns y items in x hours, as given by y = 50√x,
0 ≤ X ≤ 9
Find the rate of learning at the end of (A) 1 hour (B) 9 hours
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR